Fire Protection Industry (ODS & SGG) Board
About the FPIB
The Fire Protection Industry (ODS & SGG) Board (FPIB) administers the fire protection division of the Ozone Protection and Synthetic Greenhouse Gas Regulations 1995 (the Regulations) on behalf of the Australian Government.
Functions of the FPIB include:
- Identification, promotion and support of ‘best practice’ activities throughout the fire protection industry.
- Management of the permit and licensing system to ensure applicants meet minimum standards of competency prior to the granting of extinguishing agent handling licences (EAHL) and extinguishing agent trading authorisation’s (EATA).
- Implementation of effective communication and consultation with the fire protection industry to encourage and facilitate regulatory compliance.
- Development and distribution of ozone depleting substance and synthetic greenhouse gas (ODS & SGG) learning and assessment resources to support those working in the fire protection industry.
- Undertaking review and audit activities to ensure fire protection industry compliance with the Ozone Protection and Synthetic Greenhouse Gas Management Act 1989 (the Act).